As I age, I know their is a lot I don’t know.
I used to know how to make a simple slide show on my computer. But technology has left me in the dust.
My Vista Operating System is also aging. First, it didn’t support Netscape (or vice versa). Now it is scheduled to not support Chrome on April 15.
For example, “. . . modern computers have more-robust parts, which means you can let them run with little to no problem. Whether you shut down your computer nightly now just comes down to personal preference. If you want your computer to do things like back up, update or other intensive tasks, you can schedule them at night while you are not using your system.”
That falls under her general heading of “7 tech myths you believe that you shouldn’t.”
She also debunks a few more myths – some of which I was thankfully aware before I read her article!!
1. YOU SHOULDN’T CHARGE YOUR GADGET OVERNIGHT
2. DON’T USE THIRD-PARTY CHARGERS
3. YOU HAVE TO LET YOUR BATTERY DRAIN TO ZERO BEFORE CHARGING
4. ALWAYS SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER AT NIGHT
5. YOU NEED TO DEFRAGMENT YOUR HARD DRIVE
6. YOU CAN COMPLETELY WIPE DATA
7. PRIVATE BROWSING IS TOTALLY PRIVATE
BONUS: MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER